WORK WITH US!
About Us: Mike & Carlee specialize in commercial Off-Broadway productions and have had long-running and award-winning shows which have transferred to Broadway and live on as specials for Netflix, HBO and other networks. Recent shows include Rachel Bloom: Death, Let Me Do My Show, Kate Berlant’s KATE, Alex Edelman: Just For Us, Alison Leiby: Oh God, A Show About Abortion, Jacqueline Novak: Get On Your Knees and Colin Quinn: Small Talk.
- Schedule: 40 hours per week, generally Monday through Friday from 10am-6pm with changes depending on show schedule. ie: Days will be longer during load in and tech, leading up to opening night but will be offset with shorter days thereafter.
- Pay: $1,250 weekly plus benefits (namely: paid government holidays, one day paid vacation accrual monthly, $100 weekly toward healthcare & unlimited sick days)
- Location: Part remote, part at Bushwick office space and part on site at theaters when there is a show. Free and open access to Bushwick office space, if you prefer to work away from home regularly.
- Contract Length: Starting as soon as possible through April 15, 2024, with mutual option to extend
As the Associate Producer you will engage in a wide range of administrative and producorial duties, directly supporting and reporting to the producers. This role requires project management and administrative skills, collaborative abilities and a respectful and inquisitive demeanor.
Seeking candidates who have:
- Elite organizational skills, including scheduling and creating and keeping calendars
- Exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to self-start, follow through and follow up
- 1-2 years production experience in film, television, theater, live events, etc. No specific theater experience is required but you absolutely must be interested in production
- A clean and uncluttered approach to physical and digital spaces
- Computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, Dropbox, Google Suite, Zoom. A working understanding of Photoshop and a facility with numbers are big pluses
- Interest & enthusiasm in live performance and especially comedy
- Confidence and high skill in establishing work priorities, managing timelines, coordinating multiple projects simultaneously, implementing, and meeting deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
- Good vibes
You will assist in the producing of shows by:
- Drafting contracts, agreements and calendars
- Ingesting payroll forms and processing payroll
- Scheduling and attending meetings
- Gathering, organizing and uploading digital program information, artwork and updating websites
- Ensuring accuracy of programming information, including dates and copy, in print, online and in internal databases
- Coordinating and assisting in the production of opening night show and party
- Coordinating hospitality needs for artists, including arranging travel, lodging, meals, etc.
- Meeting a variety of cast and crew at the theater for tours, rehearsals, work calls and general troubleshooting
- Being available on select weeknights and weekends in order to attend comedy and theater shows and providing coverage (to be arranged with advance notice)
- Watching and discussing potential shows and making plans and budgets with producers
- Assisting with internal operations of the company
- Consuming pizza, ramen and cupcakes, for starters
Essential Physical Job Functions:
- Must be New York City based
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated
If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “MAC Associate,” with your CV, how you heard about the position and a few words about yourself. Thank you kindly!
We are always on the look out for talented stage managers, company managers, productions assistants, designers and theater professionals of all types and stripes. Don't hesitate to shoot us an email at email@example.com with your desired job(s) in the subject line, a few words about yourself and your CV. No cover letters please and thank you. Hope to work with you sometime!
THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN M&C AND LIVE THEATER! ❤️